Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Just Another Day!

Well the past few weeks have been a little crazy with the new year almost a month behind us. I spent a week back in Dallas for my good freinds wedding. It gave me time to think about where I am in my season of life. It is time for a fresh start!! I have been through the challenge of accepting Chases diagnosis and the challenge of owning my own business. Now it is time to take what I have learned the past 3 years and apply it to something that my dear Lord wants me to do. That is where I question myself and him. What could it be? Everyday, everywhere I go we meet someone with autism or they have someone close that has an autistic child. Is that the direction my life is to go? Help others struggling with an autstic child or just try to accept the fate I have in raising my own?

On the flight to Dallas my seat partner told me about his friend and there 2 boys that moved to Australia to recieve the best care possible. The wife and kids stay there while the husband works her to support them. Then at McD's for a bathroom stop on our way to Destin we ran into a man with a 10 year old daughter on the play area on his way to her ABA therapy which is 48 miles away 3 times a week at $95 a session. He said it is the only thing that has helped her get to where she is today. The stress it has put on his family breaks my heart. Those are only two of stories I have heard in the past few weeks. There are so many more. My question is why is this happening?

Eric and I have decided that we need to get to another part of the states to start receiving better care for Chase. The lack of support here in Jacksonville just baffles me. And the expense to even be able to have certain services is beyond what most families can afford. Without insurance covering anything other than speech therapy we are in a trap. Colorado just approved that all services must be covered be all insurance programs if your child has an official diagnosis of autism. The clock is ticking as we are putting full resources into finding another location for our family.

So it's just another day in the Doss household...

No comments:

Post a Comment